The Cinematic Orchestra's 'To Build a Home' Rules THR's Top TV Songs Chart for June
Plus, Dion debuts with former Hot 100 No. 1 "Runaround Sue" & Death From Above 1979 bows.
The Cinematic Orchestra’s “To Build a Home” leads THR’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind and Shazam, for June, thanks to its appearance in Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind and ranked using a formula blending respective Shazam tags, as well as sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period.
The song debuts on the chart after appearing in the 13th episode (the season finale) of Orange Is the New Black’s fifth season, which was released in full on June 9. The track leads all songs with 35,000 Shazam tags, 4,000 downloads sold and 3 million streams in June, according to Nielsen Music.
Meanwhile, Dion’s classic Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit “Runaround Sue” debuts at No. 3 after its appearance in Starz’s American Gods. The track was featured in the seventh episode of Gods’ first season.
The track earns its debut on the strength of 13,000 Shazam tags, 5,000 downloads sold and 1.3 million U.S. streams in June, according to Nielsen Music.
”Runaround Sue” spent two weeks atop the Hot 100, beginning on the chart dated Oct. 23, 1961, and reached No. 4 on the Hot R&B Sides (now Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs) chart in November.
Elsewhere on the Top TV Songs chart, Canadian punk rock duo Death From Above 1979 debut at No. 4 with “Freeze Me,” thanks to its appearance in HBO’s Silicon Valley.
The song logged 17,000 Shazam tags, sold 2,000 downloads and earned 1 million U.S. streams in June. The track also debuted on the Mainstream Rock Songs airplay chart at No. 35 (chart dated July 22) after its appearance, earning the duo its second hit on the chart.
Here’s the full Top TV Songs chart for June:
Rank, Title, Artist, TV Show (Network)
1. “To Build a Home,” The Cinematic Orchestra, Orange Is the New Black (Netflix)
2. “Hey Mami,” Sylvan Esso, Orange Is the New Black (Netflix)
3. “Runaround Sue,” Dion, American Gods (Starz)
4. “Freeze Me,” Death From Above 1979, Silicon Valley (HBO)
5. “The Way I Do,” Bishop Briggs, Orange Is the New Black (Netflix)
6. “Waves,” Dean Lewis, Shadowhunters (Freeform)
7. “Light Me Up,” Ingrid Michaelson, Pretty Little Liars (Freeform)
8. “Passports,” Hudson Mohawke Feat. Remy Banks, Silicon Valley (HBO)
9. “I’m Out To Get You,” Robin Trower, The Leftovers (HBO)
10. “Grace,” Rag’n’Bone Man, The Originals (The CW)