13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: A Lot to 'Like' About Bruno Mars' New No. 1
Bruno Mars' "That's What I Like" vaults 3-1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (dated May 13), becoming his seventh career No. 1. The song dethrones Kendrick Lamar's "Humble.," although the rapper logs his second straight week atop the Billboard 200, with DAMN., and the Billboard Artist 100.
Here are 13 other things you should know about Billboard's charts this week:
1. Is Bruno Mars having the best decade for a male soloist since Michael Jackson? The former's career (and new No. 1 hit "That's What I Like") is the topic of discussion on this week's Chart Beat Podcast, hosted by Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson. Click here to listen.
2. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Hailee Steinfeld stops by to discuss her latest music and upcoming movie Pitch Perfect 3 with hosts Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson, who also chat about Mars' latest chart feats. Click here to listen.
3. And, in honor of Mars' "That's What I Like," Billboard recalls other Hot 100 chart-toppers with "like" in their titles, from No. 1s by Adele to The 4 Seasons and more. Click here for the full rundown.
4. The Chainsmokers join Katy Perry as the only acts to spend at least a year nonstop in the Hot 100's top 10. The duo has maintained its top 10 status thanks to "Don't Let Me Down," featuring Daya; "Closer," featuring Halsey; "Paris"; and "Something Just Like This," with Coldplay. Click here to read the full story.
5. As Mars tops the Hot 100, Shawn Mendes' "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" debuts at No. 44 and Lana Del Rey's "Lust for Life," featuring The Weeknd, opens at No. 64. Check out this week's Hot 100 Chart Moves recap.
6. Below leader Lamar on this week's Billboard 200, Incubus' 8 arrives at No. 4, earning the group its seventh top 10 album. Plus, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 soundtrack blasts in at No. 8 and Barry Manilow's This Is My Town: Songs of New York opens at No. 12. Click here for this week's Billboard 200 Chart Moves post.
7. DJ Khaled's "I'm the One," featuring a superstar lineup of guests Justin Bieber, Quavo (of Migos), Chance the Rapper and Lil Wayne, could be headed for a No. 1 debut on the Hot 100 next week. The song would become DJ Khaled's first chart-topper. Click here to read the full article.
11. Following the 10th annual Record Store Day on April 22, vinyl album sales increased 213 percent, and Billboard takes a look at the top-selling albums and singles from that day. Click here to read the full story.