13 Things to Know About the Billboard Charts This Week: Bruno Mars Makes 'Magic' on Artist 100 & Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
Rae Sremmurd's "Black Beatles," featuring Gucci Mane, remains atop the Billboard Hot 100 for a third week and Metallica scores its sixth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, but that's just the tip of the chart iceberg this week.
Here are 13 things you need to know about the Billboard charts this week (dated Dec. 10):
2. The Chainsmokers lead Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songs for a 15th week with "Closer" (featuring Halsey), which becomes the act's longest-leading No. 1 on the chart. Click here to read the full article.
3. Nine weeks after The Weeknd’s “Starboy,” featuring Daft Punk, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks chart, the song returns to the top spot thanks to a push from the singer’s performance at the American Music Awards on Nov. 20. Click here to read the full article.
5. Genre icon Shirley Caesar, 79, earns her first No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Gospel Songs chart, as "Hold My Mule," featuring Albertina Walker and Milton Brunson, rises 2-1, fueled by the U Name It Challenge meme. Click here to read the full article.
6. Following an explosive performance at the Latin Grammy Awards on Nov. 17, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony debut atop the Latin Digital Song Sales chart with “Olvidame y Pega La Vuelta,” the lead single from Lopez’s forthcoming Spanish-language album. Click here to read the full article.
7. Machine Gun Kelly notches his first top 40 Hot 100 hit with "Bad Things" featuring Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello, as the track blasts 46-28. Cabello also debuts at No. 73 as part of Fifth Harmony with "That's My Girl," which the act performed at the American Music Awards. Click here to read the full article.
10. Marshmello's "Ritual," featuring pop singer-songwriter Wrabel, is one of this week's Billboard Dance Chart Upstarts, as it continues to scale Hot Dance/Electronic Songs. Click here to read the full article.