13 Things to Know About the Billboard Charts This Week: Adele & the Awards-Show Bump
The latest Billboard charts saw Adele break a rash of records, and the awards-show bump continues for country artists.
Here are 13 things you need to know about this week's charts:
3. Not only is Adele's "Hello" still No .1 after five weeks, but after the release of her newest album, the British songstress has four other songs on the Billboard Hot 100 as well. Read the full stories here and here.
4. What goes together better than peanut butter and jelly? Country stars and awards shows. After the AMAs, Carrie Underwood's album Storyteller got the awards-show bump to No. 2. Read the full story here.
5. The king of "Levels" didn't just stop at one. Nick Jonas reaches No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart for the third time with "Levels," matching Madonna as the only acts with three leaders on the list in 2015. Read the full story here.
10. It's been 20 years since these long-haired beauties were on the charts: This week, Matthew and Gunnar Nelson return with the holiday song "This Christmas," which debuts on the Adult Contemporary tally at No. 22. Read the full story here.
12. It's not Christmas if Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" isn't playing in the background, being danced to or being sung aggressively in your ear by a spirited friend.This week, the song made its annual return to the holiday charts. Read the full story here.