Win an Evanescence-Signed Billboard
"Amazing. Really cool. We're really proud."
That's how Evanescence described the honor of topping the Oct. 29 Billboard 200 with its new self-titled album, its first in five years. The group chatted with Chart Beat Oct. 31 at Clear Channel's P.C. Richard & Son Theater in New York before a performance for contest winners as part of the chain's promotion for its iHeartRadio app.
"We worked really hard on the record," said Evanescence lead singer Amy Lee. "It means that after all that hard work, it's paid off. People are hearing it and receiving it and listening to it. That's what matters."
"It's the ultimate payoff," added Terry Balsamo, flanked, along with Lee, by bandmates Will Hunt, Tim McCord and Troy McLawhorn.
The new album bowed on the survey with 127,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, to become the group's second Billboard 200 No. 1. "The Open Door" swung in at the summit on the Oct. 21, 2006, chart and has sold 2.1 million to-date. "Fallen" (No. 3, 2003) has sold 7.6 million and the CD/DVD "Anywhere But Home" (No. 39, 2004), 687,000.
"What You Want," the lead single from the band's new set, bullets this week at No. 14 on Alternative Songs and has sold 112,000 downloads.
Evanescence noted to Chart Beat how the world in which it had last released an album was devoid of such now-ubiquitous fan-reaching platforms as Facebook and Twitter:
The group additionally explained that its extremes in sounds, from the crunchy "Want" and breakthrough hit "Bring Me to Life" to such ballads as "My Immortal," add a diversity to its catalog and live performances:
Before heading to the stage, members of the band signed the Oct. 29 Billboard issue in which Evanescence ruled the Billboard 200.
Want to win it? Here's how:
Evanescence-Signed Billboard Giveaway Official Rules
Evanescence-Signed Billboard Giveaway (the "Giveaway") begins at 3:30pm EST on Nov. 8, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Nov. 23, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Prometheus Global Media, LLC ("Sponsor") located at 770 Broadway New York, NY 10003. Entrants will be directed to the Sweepstakes Page to enter via editorial features on Billboard.com.
1. ELIGIBILITY: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees, officers, directors, representatives, independent contractors, interns and immediate family members of Sponsor and each of their affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to participate. Any entrant who has won a prize from Sponsor within the last three (3) months is not eligible. By entering, each entrant (the "Entrant") acknowledges acceptance of and compliance with these official rules (the "Official Rules"). All Entrants must be 18 or older on date of entry. Entrants agree to the release of their name, phone number, zip code and email information to Sponsor for purposes of winner notification and for public winner disclosure as required by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may only enter online by computer by completing and submitting the information requested on the entry page located at (the "Giveaway Page"). All entries must contain a valid email address. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD. Entries will be disqualified, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, if attempts are made to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. If that occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to remedy any such action, disruption or circumvention in a manner determined solely by Sponsor.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner will receive an Oct. 29, 2011, Billboard issue signed by members of Evanescence. Winner will be selected from random drawings held on or around Dec. 1, 2011 from all eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen entries. For purposes of this Sweepstakes a 'day' is 12:00:01 AM ET through 11:59:59 PM ET.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winners will have 10 days from the date of attempted notification to respond to the notification. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Unless prohibited by law, winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release within 14 days of the date the affidavit and release are mailed. Each winner may also be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return a completed and executed affidavit and release as required, an alternate winner may be selected.
4. PRIZES AND RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Prize will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The "Prize" consists of One (1) Oct. 29, 2011, Billboard issue signed by members of Evanescence. The total approximate retail value of each Prize is is $7.99. Sweepstakes prizes are not transferable or assignable and are not redeemable for cash. All winners are responsible for the payment of any and all taxes, licenses and all other fees that may apply to winnings. Taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to replace the advertised prizes with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for replacing any lost or stolen elements of any prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use the winners names, photographs, likenesses, voices, addresses (only city and state),and testimonials in print, broadcast or any other media, in perpetuity, in any manner in connection with promoting the Sweepstakes or any other sweepstakes or promotion without further compensation.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Sponsor and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (ii) failed, returned, or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winners; or (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iv) errors in transmission; (v) any condition that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (vi) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (iv) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Sweepstakes, or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes and any other sweepstakes or promotion for any or no reason. Computer entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. RELEASES: Sponsor, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers), implementation and distribution of this Sweepstakes and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, agencies and any other person or entity associated with those entities (the "Sweepstakes Entities") shall not be liable for any and all claims, damages, losses or injuries, liabilities, costs and fees, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this Sweepstakes, including entry and participation is this Sweepstakes and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes. Entrants shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against, and hereby releases each of them from liability in connection with, any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes, including attorneys' fees related thereto. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration or security of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of the Sweepstakes in any way or at any time.
7. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by New York law, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. Entrants irrevocable consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, NY, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate all matters involving the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and entrants. Any claims regarding the Sweepstakes must be brought individually (not as part of a class action). Entrants agree that any recovery shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes and specifically waive rights to other damages (including, without limitation, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages).
8. WINNER LIST: For the name and city/state of residence of Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope (after Nov. 23, 2011 but no later than Jan. 3, 2012) to: Katie Morse, ATTN. Evanescence Winner, Billboard, 770 Broadway New York, NY 10003. VT residents may omit return postage. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.