Lizzo’s “Good as Hell” reigns on Billboard’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind, for November 2020, after the former No. 3 Billboard Hot 100 hit, which peaked in November 2019, was featured in an episode of Netflix’s Virgin River.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind and ranked using a formula blending that data with sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period of November 2020.
“Good as Hell” appeared in the seventh episode of Virgin River’s second season, which premiered (along with the rest of the season) on Nov. 27.
In November 2020, the song earned 11.6 million U.S. on-demand streams and 7,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. In the tracking week ending Dec. 3, during which Virgin River premiered, the song rose 256% in digital sales.
Virgin River reaches the November 2020 edition of Top TV Songs one other time, as Charlotte OC’s “Where It Stays,” from the second season’s second episode, bows at No. 4 with 231,000 streams and 4,000 downloads.
The Netflix show does not boast the most entries for November 2020, though – that distinction goes to ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, which takes three of the 10 spots: John Legend and Gary Clark Jr.’s “Wild” (No. 3; 5.8 million streams, 3,000 downloads), Goldford’s “Walk with Me” (No. 5; 364,000 streams, 2,000 downloads) and Banners’ “Where the Shadow Ends” (No. 7; 278,000 streams, 2,000 downloads).
See the full top 10 below, also featuring entries from The Crown, Supernatural, Dash & Lily and The Good Doctor.
Rank, Song, Artist, Show (Network)
1. "Good as Hell," Lizzo, Virgin River (Netflix)
2. "Edge of Seventeen," Stevie Nicks, The Crown (Netflix)
3. "Wild," John Legend & Gary Clark Jr., Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
4. "Where It Stays," Charlotte OC, Virgin River (Netflix)
5. "Walk with Me," Goldford, Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
6. "Carry On Wayward Son," Neoni, Supernatural (The CW)
7. "Where the Shadow Ends," Banners, Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
8. "Stay," Gracie Abrams, Dash & Lily (Netflix)
9. "Through Your Eyes," Jordan Critz & Birdtalker, The Good Doctor (ABC)
10. "Running on Empty," Jackson Browne, Supernatural (The CW)