President Barack Obama was elected to a second term on Tuesday night, edging Governor Mitt Romney by holding on to most of the hard-fought swing states that swept him into office in 2008. Throughout the day, celebs were taking to Twitter to voice their anxieties and amusement at the scene of electing a president, and by the end of the night -- when the race was called for Obama -- they exploded in joy or disgust. Check out a sampling of the best reactions below:
It feels even better the secoond time around!!!! #obama2012 
- iamdiddy (@iamdiddy) November 7, 2012 
I just hope,4 yrs from now,they find a way to campaign without spending roughly 5 BILLION $! That money could help a lot of kids.Just sayin.
- Martina McBride (@martinamcbride) November 7, 2012 
we just couldn't be happier my goodness, the joy when freedom prevails
↓ BEFORE THE RACE WAS CALLED ↓
If Romney win we going back to slavery
- Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) November 7, 2012 
I'm gonna throw up. The suspense is too much! Maybe I should watch Upstairs/Downstairs instead and pour another glass of wine.
- Michelle Branch (@michellebranch) November 7, 2012 
Elizabeth Warren has beat Scott Brown in Mass. Major! #allOeverything !!!!!!!
- Questo of The Roots (@questlove) November 7, 2012 
FUCK YES ELIZABETH WARREN!
- DAN DEACON (@ebaynetflix) November 7, 2012 
If you're not shotgunning beers & loudly chanting the name of your preferred candidate while fist-pumping, you're doing it wrong.
- Alexander William (@AlexAllTimeLow) November 7, 2012 
Sitting here with @ greggutfeld  chewing on our shoes...
- John Rich (@johnrich) November 7, 2012 
Am I The Only One That Feels If Rodney Wins The World Is Gonna End? ( and i know his name isnt rodney its just funny to me)
- Tyler, The Creator (@fucktyler) November 7, 2012 
Stay in LINE!!! Cast your vote. Wait as long as you have to. It's worth the fight.
- Marc Anthony (@MarcAnthony) November 7, 2012 
THIS ELECTION IS SO STRESSFUL
- Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 7, 2012 
Not sure which I want to end sooner... This election, or the Twilight series .....
- Terri Clark (@TerriClarkMusic) November 6, 2012 
Glad I early voted because it looks like people are out exercising their rights in droves today... #NCBattleGround 
- Rissi Palmer (@RissiPalmer) November 6, 2012 
Voting.for Obama because he's black is like voting for Chaz Bono cuz he's a guy.. Vote on.issues.. This message was not approved. By anyone.
- Ray Scott (@RayalityCheck) November 6, 2012 
Wow, I am PHYSICALLY SHOCKED, that Romney took TN.I mean, who'd a thunk it? What A LONG SHOT that was...Makes no sense!At. All. ;)
- Kristyn Osborn (@Krixoz) November 7, 2012 
In Florida on election night.........nerve wracking.
- Anne Murray (@annemurray1) November 7, 2012 
WHAT A DAY. I'm ready for tomorrow. ANYONE WITH ME?!?!?!
- shelly fairchild (@shellyfairchild) November 7, 2012 
- Waka Flocka Flame (@WakaFlockaBSM) November 7, 2012 
- News