- May 1988 The R&B group with Ken "Babyface" Edmonds, Antonio "L.A." Reid has his first top big hit with "Two Occassions" as a member of the Deele, which peaks at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 on May 21.
- 1989 L.A Reid walks to the other side of the table with Deele's frontman Babyface to start LaFace, which helps shape Atlanta's music industry.
- 1992 LaFace releases TLC's "Ooooooo...On The TLC Tip," which now has sales of 2.6 million.
- July 1993 Toni Braxton's first album comes out and goes on to sell 5.15 million units.
- 1994 Usher's first album comes out and has since sold a respectable 308,000, after which platinum will become closely associated with the artist's name.
- 1994 TLC's "Crazysexycool" comes out and goes onto sell 7 million units.
- 1998 BMG sends L.A. Reid to the Harvard School of Business to take a six-week business executive course to prepare him for the reigns of power.
- May 2000 Replaces his mentor Clive Davis as head of Arista Record.
- 2000 After Reid ascends to the top spot, one of his signings, P!nk takes off with her first album "Can't Take Me Home," which would go on to sell 2.5 million units. Later in the year, with three platinum records under their belt, OutKast releases "Stankonia," which has since scanned some 4.2 million units.
- 2003 Outkast tops themselves when "Speakerboxx" drops and goes on to move some 5.7 million units.
- Jan 2004 L.A. Reid is ousted as Arista CEO, but doesn't even have time to register for unemployment as in February 2004, he joins Island Def Jam as chairman/CEO.
- February 2004 - OurKast brings Reid onstage at the Grammys after winning Album of the Year to very publicly give him props for discovering them when they were still teenagers.
- April 2004 four months after he is ousted from Arista the label released the Reid-signed Usher's "Confessions" album, which turns out to be the artist's biggest record of his career, with sales now standing at 10 million.
- 2005 Reid helps revitalize Mariah Carey's career with the "Emancipation of Mimi," which becomes her third best-selling record with sales of nearly 6 million.
- 2006 Island Def Jam signs and then drops Lady Gaga, who goes on to be one of the biggest stars in the music industry. But he bounces back by signing Justin Bieber a few months later.
- May 2011 leaves Island DefJam as he is confirmed as a judge for "X Factor."
- July 2011 shows up at Sony Entertainment as chairman/CEO of Epic Records.
2012 Epic gets off to a slow start under Reid's tenure but he scores his first platinum singles this year: Cher Lloyd, "Behind The Music, scans 1.75 million copies; while Karmin's "Brokenhearted registers 1.63 million units.
December 2012 L.A. Reid announces he will leave "X Factor" and concentrate on Epic Records.