Other spotlights: Vivendi Universal Names Dufour deputy chief financial officer, NARAS names Moore regional director of the West, Koch ups Franck VP of marketing, Blender appoints Simon associate pub
- Vivendi Universal names Sandrine Dufour deputy chief financial officer. Dufour, who is based in New York, previously headed the internal audit and special projects unit of VU. Vincent Vallejo, currently deputy head of internal audit, replaces Dufour in her most recent post.
- The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences in Los Angeles names Lizzy Moore regional director of the West. She was director of corporate relations and special projects at P.S. Arts.
- Koch Records in New York promotes John Franck to VP of marketing and Jeff Chenault to VP of creative. Franck previously was senior director of marketing. Chenault most recently was senior director of creative.
Blender magazine in New York appoints Eric Simon associate publisher. He was director of business development at Blender parent company Dennis Publishing.
- Vibe in New York names Jeff Mazzacano senior corporate accounts manager. He was VP of marketing and advertising for Oneworld magazine.
- New Line Home Entertainment appoints Kevin Kasha senior VP of acquisitions and programming. He was executive VP at Miramax Home Entertainment.
- EMI Latin USA in Miami appoints David Alvarado senior director of marketing and A&R, pop music. He previously was senior product manager at Universal Music Latino.
- Motion Picture Assn. in Singapore ups Michael C. Ellis to senior VP/regional director, Asia-Pacific. He was VP/regional director, Asia-Pacific.
- Gospel artist Duawne Starling has signed a deal with Gerald Wright, president of The Wright Group, an Arlington, Texas-based artist management firm. Starling previously toured with Kirk Franklin and has worked as a backup vocalist for Michael McDonald, Donnie McClurkin, CeCe Winans and Nicole C. Mullen. Starling recently stepped out with a solo project, "Inside Out," on the G.I. label, which is distributed by Christian Records.
- Sony Music Nashville promotes Tracy Baskette-Fleaner to senior art director. She previously was art director.
-Infinity Broadcasting in Phoenix names Todd Wallace director of operations. He previously was an independent consultant.
- BMI in Nashville elevates Glenda Hart to senior director of special projects. She most recently was director of special projects.
- Clear Channel Radio names Susan Karis regional VP for its Arizona stations in Tucson and Yuma. She adds that title to her title of VP/market manager for Phoenix.
- Jazz KTWV in Los Angeles appoints Dan Weiner VP/GM. He was station manager of sports XTRA-AM San Diego.