“Billboard Music Awards” Sweepstakes
Sponsored by Billboard (“Sponsor”)
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OFCOLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any
violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this
Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD Promotion begins May 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM ET and ends May 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM ET, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s
computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the 50
United States and District of Columbia who: (i) are 18 years of age or older or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry and (ii) have a valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile insurance. The Promotion is not open to officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected via random
drawing from all eligible entries on or about May 20, 2013 (the “Drawing Date”). Any potential
winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be one (1) grand-prize winner. The grand prize is one (1) Chevrolet Sonic (the “Prize Vehicle”). The approximate retail value of the prize package will be up to (but will not equal or exceed) $23,400. Delivery and ownership of the Prize Vehicle will be subject to the following conditions:
Upon delivery, neither Sponsor nor GM will be responsible in any way for the Prize Vehicle and will not provide any insurance for the Prize Vehicle. The winner will be solely responsible for all costs related to the Prize Vehicle, including, but not limited to, tax, title, registration, gasoline, maintenance, mileage, wear and tear, license fees and insurance for the Prize Vehicle. Specific model and option content will be determined by Sponsor.
Winner will take delivery and ownership of the Prize Vehicle at a specific dealership within the United States to be selected by winner subject to Sponsor’s approval. If winner does not take delivery and ownership of the Prize Vehicle on or before fifteen (15) days after Sponsor or an authorized dealer of GM notifies winner that the Prize Vehicle and all necessary paperwork are at the dealership and ready for pick-up, then Sponsor shall be relieved of its obligation to provide the Prize Vehicle to the winner. Transfer of title shall be effective when winner takes possession of the Prize Vehicle.
Upon delivery, the GM dealership will collect from winner and remit to appropriate governmental authorities, all taxes or fees imposed on the transfer of the Prize Vehicle, such as state and local sales and use taxes, title, registration and destination fees, based on the fair market value of the Prize Vehicle. Sponsor shall issue 1099 forms to the winner
The Prize Vehicle is nonnegotiable and not exchangeable for cash. The Prize Vehicle is not eligible for GM incentives or any other type of new vehicle lease or financing offers. If winner chooses to modify or alter the Prize Vehicle or install any equipment thereon, then: (a) winner will bear sole responsibility for the design and manufacture of any Alterations; (b) winner will comply with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards in the performance of any Alterations; and (c) neither Sponsor nor GM will be responsible for the safety or quality of design, features, materials or workmanship of any Alterations. GM MAKES NO WARRANTY OTHER THAN THAT EXPRESSED IN ITS NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY, A PRINTED COPY OF WHICH SHALL BE FURNISHED WITH THE PRIZE VEHICLE. Winner acknowledges and agrees that installations or alterations to the original equipment vehicle or chassis as distributed by GM may void the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local, income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, GM, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Released Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor and/or GM from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor’s providing entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Released Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity,
interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For the name of the grand prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List, “Billboard Music Awards Sweepstakes,” Joe Nolan, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
13. SPONSORSHIP/ADMINISTRATION. This Promotion is sponsored by Billboard, a Division of Prometheus Global Media, LLC].