“2014 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS CONTEST” (“Promotion”)
Sponsored by General Motors (“Sponsor”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
Each individual entering a Submission (as defined below) in this Promotion (an “Entrant”) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Judges (as defined below) regarding this
Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. This Promotion begins April 1, 2014, at 12:01AM EST and ends April 21, 2014, at 8:59AM EST, when all Submissions must be received (“Promotion Period”). The Administrator’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of entry, excluding officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, BBMA Holdings, LLC (the “Administrator”), the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All eligible Entrants will be judged on or about April 22, 2014, by a panel of judges comprised of executives of Administrator (“Judges”). From the pool of all eligible Entrants, the judges will select (5) five finalists based on the following criteria: (i) background qualifications (e.g., broadcast experience, media exposure, public speaking experience) and (ii) general presentation. The five (5) finalists will be interviewed by the Judges, and on or about May 1, 2014, one (1) of the finalists will be selected as the potential winner by the Judges based on presence, composure, articulation, and similar factors (“Potential Winner”). For verification purposes, Administrator reserves the right to conduct a background check and/or request additional information on the Potential Winner. All decisions of the Judges are final and unappealable. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to advance fewer than five (5) Entrants to finalist status and/or not award the Grand Prize (defined below) if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor does not receive any eligible and qualified Entries.
The Potential Winner will be notified by mail, email, and/or telephone. If the Potential Winner cannot be contacted and/or does not respond within three (3) days from the date that the Administrator first tries to notify him/her, and/or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, such Potential Winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Grand Prize, and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by the Judges. Upon contacting a Potential Winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including, without limitation, executing all required waivers, publicity and liability releases, and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the winner of the Grand Prize for Promotion (“Winner”). The actual value of the Prize may vary depending on city of departure, date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and hotel charges at the time of travel bookings. Actual value of the Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) Winner of the Grand Prize. The “Grand Prize” will include: (i) the opportunity to present, along with a celebrity presenter, the Milestone Award sponsored by Chevrolet at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards taking place in Las Vegas, NV on May 18, 2014 (“2014 Awards Show”); (ii) two (2) ticket(s) or passes to the 2014 Awards Show; (iii) roundtrip, coach-class airline transportation for Winner and one (1) travel companion (“Companion”) from the major commercial airport nearest Winner's primary residence in the United States to Las Vegas, NV (if used and if available); and (iv) one (1) standard, double occupancy hotel room for two (2) consecutive nights (if used and if available) at a hotel selected by Administrator, room and tax only. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize (“ARV”) is approximately $5,000, depending on exact itinerary. The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on fluctuations in price for airfare and/or accommodations and distance between departure and destination. Actual value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and the stated ARV will not be awarded. Additional ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, internet and/or wireless expenses, excursions, insurance, fees, surcharges, service charges, passport or visa expense or passenger facility charges, incidentals, departure and airport taxes, and any other expenses not specified herein are not included in the Grand Prize and are the sole responsibility of Winner and/or Companion. Companion must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure, unless Winner is the parent or legal guardian of Companion. Winner and Companion must be available to travel on the same itinerary, including the same departure city and date and return date. Winner and Companion will be required to provide valid passports or other accepted forms of government-issued identification at time of travel as required by authorities. Winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Sponsor, or its designee(s), reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in its sole discretion. All travel arrangements are to be administered by Administrator or its designee(s). Travel must originate and end at the same major U.S. gateway airport. Travel must be completed by May 19, 2014, and may be subject to certain other restrictions, including, without limitation, blackout dates. If Winner is unable to travel to the 2014 Awards Show, Winner forfeits the Grand Prize. Administrator will attempt to accommodate Winner's preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Administrator’s sole discretion. If, in the sole judgment of Administrator, airline transportation is not required due to Winner’s proximity to location of the 2014 Awards Show, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air transportation. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked except by Administrator or its designee(s). Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Conditions regarding the Grand Prize may be added or modified. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, passes, or badges will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and certain other restrictions, which may require a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. No stopovers are permitted on airline tickets issued as part of the Grand Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate, and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segments, including the return. In the event that 2014 Awards Show does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all for reasons, including, but not limited, to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then in lieu of attending the 2014 Awards Show, the Winner will receive the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize, which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor (or its designee(s)) reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and/or his or her Companion in the event that either behaves in a disorderly or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the 2014 Awards Show (all as determined by Sponsor and/or its designee(s) in their sole and absolute discretion). Further, if any such actions occur, Sponsor and/or its designee(s) reserve the right to terminate the trip early and send Winner and/or his or her Companion home with no further compensation. No one may be admitted to the 2014 Awards Show without a legitimate ticket or pass or after the 2014 Awards Show begins.
6. TAXES. All federal, state, and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
7. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. Neither the Grand Prize nor any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the Grand Prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for the Grand Prize, except by Administrator, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Administrator, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes the consent of any Winner, without further compensation, to these Official Rules and to the use of Winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor, Administrator, and/or others authorized by Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes a release by the Winner of the Released Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of the Grand Prize; (iii) any Potential Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if the Grand Prize involves travel or activities, any Potential Winner and Companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Administrator from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the Grand Prize; and (v) each Entrant consents to Administrator’s providing Entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Administrator in the Promotion so that Entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within three (3) days from the date that Administrator first tries to notify the Potential Winner, prior to the start date of the itinerary.
9. DISCLAIMERS. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Administrator’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Administrator. Administrator further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, or technical failures of any sort. The Released Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. RELEASED ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: The Released Entities shall not be liable to Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Grand Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Entities’ sole control. The Released Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The Released Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Los Angeles, California. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages.
12. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE PROMOTION, THE 2014 AWARDS SHOW, OR ANY OTHER PROGRAM, PRODUCTION, OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, OR ANY OF THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES.
13. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within six (6) months of the end of the Promotion Period to: Winner List, “2014 Billboard Music Awards Contest,” Maggie Mango, 2900 Olympic Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
14. SPONSORSHIP/ADMINISTRATION. This Promotion is sponsored by General Motors LLC, 100 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48265. This Promotion is administered by BBMA Holdings LLC, 2900 Olympic Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404.