People's Choice Highlights: Cobra Starship, Mariah, Keith Urban, & More
The People's Choice Awards run the gamut from music and movies to TV shows and the occasional oddball category -- "Favorite Web Celeb," anyone? -- but if you care most about the music, then here are the top five moments from last night's show.
1) Cobra Starship was hardly a "hot mess." Gabe Saporta and company rocked out with their summer hit "Good Girls Go Bad" and got help from Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, who was filling in for Leighton Meester.
2) Keith Urban charmed everyone when he thanked wife Nicole Kidman in his acceptance speech: "I love you so much, baby girl," the favorite male artist winner gushed.
3) Just one day after her champagne-fueled speech at the Palm Springs fest, Mariah Carey won a People's Choice award for favorite R&B artist. She gave a far more sober acceptance speech this time, but she but still raised eyebrows with her dress, which was so tight below the waist that husband Nick Cannon had to guide her to the podium. Mariah is known for many things, but a practical fashion sense isn't one of them.
4) Mary J. Blige lived up to her role as the night's marquee performer, singing "I Am," her new single, while decked out in a skintight black dress and glam hairdo.
5) When the "Glee" cast won Favorite New TV Comedy, Kevin McHale (aka "Wheels") announced that he and the rest of his musically inclined co-stars had ordered pizza for the entire audience. Cue the delivery boys!