Suit Against Limp Bizkit's Durst Settled
Limp Bizkit front man Fred Durst settled a $5 million battery lawsuit filed by a former lighting technician who claimed he hit her and broke her nose during the 2000 Anger Management tour, their lawyeLimp Bizkit front man Fred Durst settled a $5 million battery lawsuit filed by a former lighting technician who claimed he hit her and broke her nose during the 2000 Anger Management tour, their lawyers confirmed yesterday (Nov. 26). Terms of the settlement, reached last month, were not released.
"It's a confidential settlement, and they're going on with their lives," said Lawrence Ecoff, the attorney for plaintiff Connie Paulson.
Paulson sued Durst in November 2001 in Los Angeles Superior Court. She alleged the singer had a "fit of rage" and threw a microphone that hit her in the face as she was dismantling lights after a Dec. 3, 2000, concert in Birmingham, Ala. Paulson said she suffered a broken nose, two black eyes, and a broken front tooth, and will require future plastic surgery.
Limp Bizkit is at work on its next Flip/Interscope studio album, "Less Is More," which will be out in April, according to the band's official Web site. Although the group has yet to permanently replace guitarist Wes Borland in its lineup, former Helmet frontman Page Hamilton and Korn's Brian "Head" Welch have laid down guitar tracks for the new album. Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo has also recorded vocals for one track.
Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.