The Rhode Island nightclub blaze sparked by the pyrotechnic display of the rock band Great White has claimed its 100th victim. A woman who spent months clinging to life after being pulled from the Feb

The Rhode Island nightclub blaze sparked by the pyrotechnic display of the rock band Great White has claimed its 100th victim. A woman who spent months clinging to life after being pulled from the February inferno died Sunday, a spokesperson for Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital said.

Pamela Gruttadauria, 33, of Johnston, R.I., was among the most badly burned victims to survive the fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick, R.I. As previously reported, the club went up in flames on Feb. 20, when showers of sparks set off at the start of a performance by Great White triggered a blaze that rapidly engulfed the wood-framed building.

Her death came just hours before bulldozers began clearing away the last remnants of the charred Rhode Island club.

While victims and their families have filed numerous civil lawsuits as a result of the fire, prosecutors have not brought any criminal charges in connection with the disaster.


COPYRIGHT: (c) Reuters 2003. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

Questions? Comments? Let us know: @billboard

Print