Suge Knight Investigation Moved to Homicide Bureau

1OAK in West Hollywood, Calif., where on Sunday, Aug. 24, Suge Knight was shot during a Chris Brown-hosted pre-VMA party. 

Sheriff's department says updates are coming soon as scene of early Sunday shooting becomes stop for tour buses.

Word of Suge Knight's condition and the ongoing investigation following the reported six gunshot wounds he suffered early Sunday morning at a nightclub in West Hollywood are still foggy, with conflicting speculations running wild.

Chris Brown Responds to Suge Knight Pre-VMA Party Shooting

Though the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has not released any news of progress in the case since a Monday press release confirming three victims were shot -- Knight, 49, as well as a 19-year-old female and a 33-year-old man -- and no weapon had been recovered or suspects placed in custody, a sergeant with the West Hollywood Sheriff's station told Billboard that there were in fact updates in the case but they were not yet ready for release. 

The sheriff's department also confirmed the case has been moved to its Homicide Bureau, meaning the shooting is likely being treated as an attempted murder.

At 1OAK, the club where Chris Brown's pre-VMA party celebrating the upcoming release of his album X turned into a crime scene shortly after 1:30 on Sunday morning, staff are staying tight-lipped, directing all inquiries about the incident to their PR departments, which have yet to release any statement. Meanwhile a number of tour buses stopped or slowed in front of the all-black building, making note of the recent shooting to visiting tourists on Tuesday (Aug. 26).

While TMZ has reported via comedian Katt Williams that Knight was not the intended target for the gunfire but instead caught the bullets trying to save someone else, New York Daily News is citing an unnamed source who says investigators do in fact believe Knight was the target and not party host Brown, as some had believed.

Tagged