Since the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on July 29, it's become a viral sensation raising more than $40 million in donations to fight amyotrophic lateral sclerosis commonly called Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
The brilliant marketing plan has gotten celebrities across all realms of business, entertainment and politics to participate in either pouring a bucket of freezing cold water over their heads and posting a video online or donating money to the cause, often opting to do both.
We've seen Katy Perry in a bikini, Foo Fighters parody Carrie, Dr. Dre, K-Pop star Siwon, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Justin Timberlake, Adam Levine, Lil Wayne, Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea, Shakira and more take part, each passing the modest torture-for-charity's-sake forward by issuing the challenge to another friend and hence the phenomenon continues.
But there are a number of celebrities who have quietly refused to participate, or have at least not done so publicly. (Who's dumping ice over him or herself privately?) Here's a list of 10 musicians who have been challenged and but have not participated.
- Chris Martin - nominated by Gwyneth Paltrow, Shakira
- Jared Leto — nominated by Lindsay Lohan
- Jay Z - nominated by Will Smith
- Adele - nominated by Lady Gaga
- Noel Gallagher - nominated by Liam Gallagher
- Kanye West - nominated by Skrillex, Harry Styles
- Pharrell - nominated by Usher, Liam Payne
- Bruce Spingsteen - nominated by Eddie Vedder
- P. Diddy — nominated by Usher, Swizz Beats