Tori Kelly to Celebrate Billboard's Women In Music Event With 'Candid Covers' Concert
Tori Kelly is bringing a new kind of buzz to Billboard's annual Women In Music event.
As a new addition to this year's program, the surging singer-songwriter will perform a live "Candid Covers" session for her fans following the Women in Music luncheon on Dec. 10. During the intimate performance, Kelly will play original and cover songs and chat with guests about her musical inspirations and the big moments which shaped her budding career.
Nikon will capture the session, which takes place Dec. 10 at 8 p.m. in New York. Billboard.com will host the performance online.
Fans can enter to win tickets by tweeting @billboard a photo/video that illustrates why they should win a spot. The moment featured should capture how their favorite Tori Kelly song makes them feel. Just use the hashtag #candidcoversLIVE (CLICK HERE FOR RULES).
The Southern Californian's career took a leap forward with a string of popular YouTube clips. Today, her YouTube channel has enjoyed more than 55 million hits and about 700,000 subscribers.
More Woman of the Year
Kelly has proved more than an Internet phenomenon; her "Handmade Songs" EP from May 2012 revealed an assured talent. The set, described by Billboard as a "a soulful, no-frills collection of songs set to her guitar plucks," reached No. 9 on Billboard's Heatseekers.
Now, her career is guided by Scooter Braun (manager for Justin Bieber, The Wanted and PSY among others), and she's worked with the likes of Ed Sheeran and Pharrell Williams. Her "Foreword" EP, released Oct. 22, debuted at No. 16 on the Billboard 200. A video for the album's first single, "Dear No One," dropped in early November.
Kelly's performance caps what promises to be a stellar Women In Music day. P!nk will accept this year's Woman of the Year accolade, while Janelle Monáe will be recognized with Billboard's Rising Star Award.
Sponsored by Nikon, Target, COVERGIRL and City National Bank, Billboard's annual Women in Music event celebrates the most powerful and talented women in the music business. Now in its eight year, the annual event coincides with the publication of Billboard's Women in Music Power Players list. Katy Perry was the 2012 Woman of the Year honoree, while previous winners include Taylor Swift and Beyonce. Past Rising Star honorees including Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga.
Click HERE for details on how to win tickets for the event.
"Candid Covers LIVE Fan Contest"
Sponsored by Billboard ("Sponsor")
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE WHICHEVER IS OLDER
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD Promotion begins NOVEMBER 26, 2013 at 2:00pm and ends DECEMBER 4, 2013 at 6:00pm, when all entries must be received ("Promotion Period"). The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY This contest (the "Promotion") is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION Winners will be selected via judging from Billboard based on the overall photo quality (originality, creativity, aesthetics, clarity) from all eligible entries on or about December 5, 2013 (the "Drawing Date"). Potential winners will be notified via a public message on Twitter from @billboard. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time and date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS There will be one hundred (100) winners. Each winner will receive one (1) pair of tickets to the Tori Kelly Candid Covers LIVE show taking place at an as yet undisclosed concert venue in New York City on December 10, 2013 from 8-10pm. TRAVEL TO NEW YORK CITY IS NOT INCLUDED. The approximate retail value of the prize package will be up to (but will not equal or exceed) $70.00. Guest must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of Promotion entry and both winner and guest must present valid ID at the concert venue to gain entry.
6. TAXES All federal, state and/or local, income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor’s providing entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within three (3) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST For a list containing the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Billboard, Winner List, "Candid Covers LIVE Fan Contest" Att: Katie Morse, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
13. SPONSORSHIP This Promotion is sponsored by Billboard, 770 Broadway New York, New York 10003.