8. Arriving After Kick-Off - Nicki Minaj was the very last celeb spotted making their way into the VMAs. She worked the carpet until the last possible second -- show time was 8pm EST sharp and we saw her scoot in around 5:03pm along with the crowd of media that was trying to dash into the press room. It must have taken her longer than planned to squeeze into that flashy skintight body suit and fasten her hat onto her wild yellow and orange locks.
9. Vinny Who? - The pressroom was "hosted" by Vinny Guadagnino, who walked in and introduced himself with, "Hi guys. I don't know if you know me. My name is Vinny from the Jersey Shore." When asked what his plans were for after "Jersey Shore," he said he'd really like to keep things in the MTV family, explaining that "MTV is like playing for the Lakers… the best network to be a part of." While he hasn't seen Snooki's baby yet, he did admit to visiting her "literally two days before she was about to pop," and said that she was "ready to get it over with."
10. An Awkward Moment for K-Stew - Kevin Hart used his opening sequence as an opportunity to rag on Kristen Stewart for her infidelity. As he was speaking his mind about her "mistake," Robert Pattinson (coincidentally) was walking to take his seat.
11. That's My Moon - Drake clutched tightly to his Moonman, taking three questions from the virtual press room. When asked who he'd like to collaborate with that he hasn't yet, he mentioned Justin Timberlake. He said he recently moved to Los Angeles, where he built a studio with producer Noah "40" Shebib that is up and running. Regarding his outfit and what his red carpet prep was, he said his goal was to look as "scary as possible."
12. Cheeseball Photographers - Vinny announced that One Direction would be answering only two questions from the massive sea of media and wished everyone, "Good luck." The band was pulled in one million directions for photos, and a group of photographers thought it would be cute to yell out "Can you all look one direction?" hoping for their money shot. During the Q&A, there was talk of Zayn Malik attempting to shave off one of his bandmates' eyebrows while on tour. Harry Styles gushed about how the VMAs were the best performance the band has felt they've ever done.
13. Demi Dishes on "X Factor" - Demi Lovato told the media that the new season of "X Factor" -- her first as a judge -- is "going to be amazing." Someone asked her what the first album she ever got a hold of was and she revealed that it was from her fellow judge, Britney Spears. "I was so young but I just remember holding it and thinking, 'Oh she is really pretty,'" she stated. Meanwhile, Lovato had zero advice for Mariah Carey as a judge for "American Idol." "I'm still new at judging myself, so I can't really give any advice. That would just be silly," she giggled.
14. A Double Dose of Britney & Katy - South Korean rapper PSY, who is credited for having 110 million views on the YouTube clip of "Gangnam Style," came backstage to pose awkwardly for photos, and to comment on which recording artist he'd like to collaborate with on his next video: "I heard that Katy Perry and Britney Spears tweeted my video on their Twitter so I want them both," he said, clarifying that he wanted them "twice" and "not at the same time."
15. Rihanna Already Went Home - The press room booed when Vinny announced that Calvin Harris, the official VMA DJ, would be coming in for photos/questions. A mini "We want Rihanna" chant broke out, but press was assured that Rihanna was "not coming." Harris popped in, balanced two moon men for a photo and scampered off.