During the 2012 Presidential Debate Wednesday night (Oct. 4), hundreds of celebrities tuned in and turned on their computers -- ready to share their thoughts with millions of social media followers.
Many of the normally-outspoken Republican musicians (Gene Simmons, Kid Rock and Blake Shelton, for example) stayed silent as presidential candidates Barack Obama and Mitt Romney debated, but stars like Lady Gaga, Will.i.am and Ted Nugent were quick to speak up.
Check out 20 tweets from today's top musicians, and see what your favorite stars had to say about the debate, the candidates, and the 2012 election.
I believe its important to note before this begins that Romney is a millionaire and paid well below the average tax rate, paying only 13.9%.
- Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) October 3, 2012
What Mitt Romney has said tonight DOES NOT line up with what he has been promoting these past months. A convenient change in position.
- Janelle Monae (@JanelleMonae) October 4, 2012
The presidential looking self made American bitchslaps the clueless community disorganizer upside the head with crowbars of truth & logic
- Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) October 4, 2012
That's not fair for romney...schools in Massachusetts where good before he was governor....he can't take credit forthat... #Arrogant
- will.i.am (@iamwill) October 4, 2012
- Chris Henderson (@Chris3dd) October 4, 2012
his big bold idea is: "eh, never mind" #debates
- Pete Wentz(@petewentz) October 4, 2012
- Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) October 4, 2012
- John Rich (@johnrich) October 4, 2012
please stop me from clicking on Michelle's site to see how she's spinning this.....
- Questo of The Roots (@questlove) October 4, 2012
Romney keeps ignoring Jim Lehrer like he was 47% of the US public
- Mark Ronson (@iamMarkRonson) October 4, 2012
What's your take on the debate tonight? I think you know where Bocephus stands!
- Hank Williams, Jr. (@HankJr) October 4, 2012
Give them enough rope. Especially when they are full of shit liars like @ mittromney Art of war 101. Send these clowns home.
- Ryan Adams (@TheRyanAdams) October 4, 2012
Much respect for both parties in the debate tonight. I couldn't imagine filling either one of their shoes.
- LeAnn Rimes Cibrian (@leannrimes) October 4, 2012
obama the creator vs asap romney 2nite
- dÃ"Â±pÃ-ÂŸo (@diplo) October 4, 2012
Sooooo depending on the outcome of this election...where should I move? #ItalyorUK
- Michelle Branch (@michellebranch) October 4, 2012
- RayJ (@RayJ) October 4, 2012
One thing i took away from tonight: It's time to seriously recognize more parties. I hear there's one down the street with beer pong. #bye
- josh groban (@joshgroban) October 4, 2012
- HANSON (@hansonmusic) October 4, 2012
I love seeing all these political tweets! I think it is cool (even though most of us can't vote) that everyone knows what is happening.
- Greyson Chance (@greysonchance) October 4, 2012
I was at Barclays for show 5 last night. Only debate I caught was "who the best, Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas."
- Talib Kweli Greene (@TalibKweli) October 4, 2012