Steve Jobs Billboard Cover: Sneak Peek
That a man who never played an instrument or so much as sang a note professionally could be considered one of the greatest rock stars of this generation speaks to the impact Steve Jobs had on the music industry, and the legacy on it he leaves behind. Following the news of Jobs' death Wednesday at age of 56, we went back to the drawing board to give the Apple innovator the appreciation he earned in the new issue of Billboard Magazine (out Friday). In our cover story, we also examine Jobs' legacy and examine his role in the mainstreaming of three products/services that changed the way we consume music (iPod, iTunes, iPhone).
Also In This Special Issue:
• A Q&A with U2 manager Paul McGuinness about Jobs and his legacy.
• What now for Apple? An in-depth look ahead.
• Tracking the rise of iTunes and the advent of digital music retailing.
• Those ads. Where would Feist and the Ting Tings be without them? A look at the biggest sales impact on songs featured in Apple's ever-savvy marketing.
• The guy could talk. We round up some of Jobs' most quotable moments.