Puking, twerking and prosthetic arms: it was all there for the "Fancy" star's set.
Iggy Azalea's performance at Lollapalooza was one of the most anticipated sets of the weekend, and easily the most well-attended outside of the main stage performers on Friday (Aug. 1). The sprawling crowd in Chicago's Grant Park was essentially a field study of millennials: everyone was young, everyone was screaming, and everyone took at least one selfie.
Billboard squirmed its way into the thick of the action during Iggy Azalea's set, and here are a dozen things we saw within the unhinged crowd during the 40-minute performance:
1. Six shirtless dudes walking in single file, fist-pumping and chanting "IG-GY! IG-GY!"
2. A skinny brunette girl softly weeping against the bare chest of her confused-looking boyfriend.
3. A tree selfie.
4. A muscly dude who declared, "I just realized that I only know one song that she does," when Iggy opened her set.
5. More bucket hats than a dozen ScHoolboy Q videos combined.
6. Multiple young girls vomiting in the darkest corners of the crowd.
7. A sleepy-looking white kid wearing a self-made t-shirt with "WHO DAT? WHO DAT?" spelled out in green graffiti.
8. An African-American teenage girl swigging from a jewel-encrusted flask.
9. A prosthetic arm being used to cheer on Iggy during "Work."
10. A group of three teen girls -- somehow all under five feet tall -- rapping along to every word of "Pu$$y," eyes bugging out with unadulterated joy.
11. A six-foot guy in an Andre Drummond jersey twerking in front of his gleefully shrieking girlfriend, who smacked his booty with delight.
12. A girl demanding to be on her boyfriend's shoulders for "Fancy," being quickly hoisted up… and then toppling over with a frantic yelp.