2016: The Year in Charts
The Year in Charts 2016: Adele Rules as Top Artist (Again!), Justin Bieber Leads Hot 100
The Year in Latin Charts: Juan Gabriel & Nicky Jam Lead
The Year in Rock Charts: Twenty One Pilots, The Lumineers & the 'Sound' of Disturbed
The Year in Country Charts: Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, FGL, Maren Morris & More
A Betches Guide To Billboard's Hot 100 Music Festival
Well do you, "Have everything figured out? Is everything you associate with trendy? Does every guy you interact with want to date you and every girl you meet is desperate to be your friend? If you speak your mind, command a room, never wait in lines, and do everything with confidence and attitude" then you are definitely a betch. And as one, you're the perfect attendee for the festival in August!
With that in mind, we asked the Betches to give us a guide to the Hot 100 Festival because the betchy way to do a festival is the only way. Read below!
If you keep complaining about how summer is almost over, shut up and pay attention because the Billboard Hot 100 Music Festival is exactly what you need. Here are all the steps you need to follow to have an amazing time at Jones Beach on August 22 and 23.
1. Buy tickets. Duh. They’re on sale now, and general admission is less than $200. If you’re feeling #fancy, there are some insane VIP packages too.
2. Vamos a la playa. Grab your friends and take a train or an Uber (obviously preferred) to Jones Beach. If you don’t live in New York, buy a plane ticket to New York and then take an Uber. It’s not that hard.
3. Get a drink (if you’re 21, natch). The drinking ban at Jones Beach has been lifted just for the Festival, so don’t let it go to waste. Take your pick between the beach bar and the drinking oasis, or both.
4. Listen to some music. This is very self-explanatory, but you really don’t want to miss anything. Between The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, and like 35 other major artists, you should be thoroughly entertained the whole time.
5. Chill on the floatie swans. We’ve all seen them, and we’re all jealous.
7. If you need a break, get a massage. That is, if you went VIP.
8. Take a #selfie with The Chainsmokers.
9. Hit up the drinking oasis again, because you deserve it.
10. Maybe eat something. The food is bomb, and you’ve been dancing on the beach all day. You’ve earned it.
11. More music. So much music. It is a music festival.
12. Snap the perfect Instagram. You need to make everyone super jealous that they missed out, so the filter has to be just right.
13. Watch the sunset on the beach. Betches love sunsets.
14. Keep partying until the music stops, then get some sleep. Or not, do whatever you want.
15. Day 2. Wake up and repeat steps 1-14.
About Betches Love This: We’re the website, the Instagram, the store, the book, the everything that young females go to experience the thoughts that go through their heads, but are too afraid, or uncomfortable, to say out loud. Unapologetic is two things, our M.O., and our fave RiRi album. We don’t like the term mean girls, we prefer brutally honest and self-aware young women. If that’s something you can get behind, then welcome to Betches.