An artist's first Grammy nomination can be a life-changing event – particularly when that nod is for Best New Artist.
Pepsi is amplifying its support of the 56th Grammy Best New Artist program with a series of video interviews with all five nominees – James Blake, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kacey Musgraves and Ed Sheeran. Of the quintet, only Sheeran is already a Grammy alum, having been up for Song of the Year with "The A Team."
|BILLBOARD GRAMMY® BEST NEW ARTIST NOMINEE SPOTLIGHTS|
|Ed Sheeran||James Blake||Kacey Musgraves||Kendrick Lamar||Macklemore
& Ryan Lewis
|OUR 56th GRAMMY®s MAIN PAGE|
In the vignettes, which launched January 14 on PepsiPulse.com and Grammy.com/BestNewArtist, the five nominees share sneak peeks into their daily lives, creative process and career evolution. The program will be embedded in three custom editorial stations through Pepsi's sponsorship of iTunes Radio, including a Best New Artist station starting Jan. 15 and a Grammy Winner Station on Jan. 27, the day after the ceremony, which airs Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS.
In this exclusive teaser trailer (below), the five nominees share their initial takeaways from the recognition.
- James Blake: "It's supposed to be an immensely happy thing, but I find it's more of an artistic validation."
- Kendrick Lamar: "The reality of my existence now is definitely a lot more work than what the eye can see."
- Macklemore: "The music speaks to the people. That's enough, and the people have spoken."
- Kacey Musgraves: "I'm leaning how to really take in what's happening and live in the moment."
- Ed Sheeran: "I'm possibly the most comfortable I've ever been at the moment. Now I get to enjoy it."