Update: Diplo took to Twitter to clarify that it was a song, not album, that he was referring to when saying that a "record" that he worked on for Beyoncé may have been "scrapped."
When I say 'record' I'm talking about one song smdh.. Music journalism sucks. Im
— lil mufasa (@diplo) July 12, 2013
The wait is far from over for Beyoncé's forthcoming album. Major Lazer producer Diplo, who worked with Beyoncé on her hit single,"Run The World (Girls)," claims that the singer scrapped one of his songs for the album.
Diplo revealed to The Sun that he was approached to work on the new album, but believes that one of the songs he worked on may not be used.
"I just did two songs for her new album, well, I tried," Diplo said. "I think she scrapped the record. The record was supposed to be done and they have been hitting me up for brand new ideas. I like to work from scratch, [but] sometimes I get called in to fix songs."
Diplo isn’t the first to speak about Bey’s highly-anticipated new album. Earlier this year, R&B singer Ne-Yo told Billboard that she's still working on the record, saying that her team is "still trying to figure out" what they want from it.