Lil Wayne’s tenth studio album, "I Am Not A Human Being II," out Tuesday (March 26) on Cash Money Records, is laced with everything you’d expect from the rapper. Similar to his latest efforts, "I Am Not A Human Being II" is filled with whit, lewdness and downright bizarre self-made comparisons, including one to penile Transformers.
Wordplay made Weezy one of hip-hop’s greatest sources for catchy one-liners, but on "I Am Not A Human Being II," Lil Wayne sounds largely disheveled. The rapper is trying to hold on to a lyrical train that’s slowly passing him by. It isn’t all his fault, however. Lil Wayne’s impractical approach has been recycled so much that people have forgotten its originator.
From the filthy to the... filthier, here are the five most absurd one-liners from "I Am Not A Human Being II."
5. “I’m in the crib butt-naked, bitch/ She said my dick could be the next black president" (“IANAHB”)
It seems as if Lil Wayne wants to make, er, greater history than Barack Obama. The reference comes as something of an X-rated response to Obama's Weezy shout-out: during a campaign stop in 2008, Obama name-dropped Lil Wayne when encouraging children to get an education. “Maybe you are the next Lil Wayne, but probably not, in which case you need to stay in school,” he said.
4. "She get dick, weed and ignored/ That's a DWI, ni--a." ("Trippy," feat. Juicy J)
Puns such as the "Trippy" one above remind listeners why they loved Lil Wayne in the first place. The quip isn't only funny but it refers to relationships in the digital age. That block button can be a doozy.
3. “My tongue is a Uzi, my dick is a A/ My tongue go ‘brrrrr,’ my dick go ‘BAHOW,’ bitch." ("Wowzerz" feat. Trina)
A man comparing his package to a gun isn't new, especially in the rap game, but Lil Wayne puts his stamp on the trend by adding sound effects.
2. “She say ‘Sorry, I didn’t shave,’ so that pussy’s a lil furry/ I put that pussy in my face, I ain’t got no worries!" (“No Worries” feat. Detail)
The transcribed version of the "No Worries" verse does very little to express the sheer giddiness Wayne exudes on the song.
1. “I got Xanax, Percocet, Promethazine with codeine…” (“Rich As Fuck” feat. 2 Chainz)
When Lil Wayne was hospitalized at Los Angeles' Cedar Sinai earlier this month, doctors reportedly found codeine in his system. Perhaps the "Rich As Fuck" lyric was a precursor, but it's eerie, given the events of the past couple weeks.