"We're going on a world tour in 2014," Brooks announced on "Good Morning America" today
Garth Brooks is coming out of partial retirement to tour the world again in 2014. The country legend made the announcement on this morning's "Good Morning America," during an interview centered on his new box set, "Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences."
No dates or other specifics are known at this time, though Brooks said he'll be discussing the tour in radio interviews later this week.
At first, Brooks balked at the questioning of host Robin Roberts about a world tour, saying "I would love to but at 52, I'm worried it's the wheelchair and walker tour kinda-thing.”
"Between me and you, I think we'll make an announcement very soon," Brooks then admitted.
"If you want to, you can make it right now!" Roberts said. Finally, Brooks dished:
"You sure? Well, you know what? Since it's you and since we've had a history forever, let's announce it. We're going on a world tour in 2014."
Brooks announced his retirement from touring and recording in 2000, choosing to focus on his family life, with wife Trisha Yearwood and his three daughters.
Since then, he has played occasional live shows, and had a residency in Las Vegas, playing weekend-only shows so he could be with his family during the week. He mentioned that he made the decision to tour again with after gaining the approval of his wife.
"Blame It All on My Roots" was released Nov. 28 and debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.