Manchester Bombing Update: Arrests Continue as England Holds Moment of Silence & Millions Raised for Victims
Ariana Grande Will Only Get Stronger
Live Nation Reportedly Offering Refunds on UK Concerts in Wake of Manchester Attack
Read Scooter Braun's Touching Message to Ariana Grande Bombing Victims: 'I Will Honor All of U By Laughing Loving and Living'
Be a Billboard Festival Photo Correspondent!
Tweet us a favorite music festival shot you took for your chance to be our guest photographer at a NYC music festival!
Want to be Billboard.com's guest photo correspondent at New York's Governors Ball? Show us your favorite music fest shot that you took and you'll have a chance to win three-day VIP passes, a Samsung NX300 camera and more to help us cover the festival.
If you think you have what it takes to capture the essence of live summer music and you're a U.S. resident over 21, tweet your music festival photo to @Billboard using #SamsungNX300Photog by June 3. One lucky fan who tweets a photo will win two VIP passes to Governors Ball (June 7-9), a Samsung NX300 camera in order to capture great photos of the festival for Billboard.com's coverage, plus a hotel room in New York City for the three nights of the festival.
We're ready for your close-up. Use the Twitter link below and be sure to include your festival photo for your chance to win.
Please note that this is a Billboard contest and is not directly affiliated with the Governors Ball festival itself.
Be A Billboard Festival Photo Correspondent Contest
Sponsored by Billboard ("Sponsor")
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO, IF THEY WIN, WILL MAKE THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR AND ATTEND THE GOVERNOR’S BALL FESTIVAL ON RANDALLS ISLAND IN NEW YORK CITY ON JUNE 7, 8, AND 9, 2013
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD Promotion begins MAY 30TH 12:10pm and ends JUNE 3RD 11:59 PM, when all entries must be received ("Promotion Period"). The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest (the "Promotion") is only open to legal residents 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry who, if they win the Promotion, will make their own travel arrangements for and agree to attend the Governor’s Ball Festival to be held on Randalls Island in New York City on June 7, 8, and 9, 2013 (the "Festival").The following persons are ineligible for entry: officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected by a Billboard editorial photographer who will judge the photos based on criteria which shall include narrative, aesthetics, content, clarity, voice, visual impact and sensitivity. Winner will be selected from all eligible entries on or about June 4, 2013 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be notified via a direct message on Twitter. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time and date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If a potential winner is unable to arrange for travel to the Festival, such potential winner will be deemed to have been ineligible to enter the Promotion and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be one (1) grand-prize winner. The prize is: (a) two (2) weekend pass tickets to the Festival (providing entry to all 3 days of the Festival); (b) a Samsung NX300 camera; (c) the opportunity to meet with a Billboard photographer at the Festival who will select photos taken at the Festival by the winner which selected photos will be uploaded to Billboard’s social channels and Billboard.com’s editorial coverage of the Festival; and (d) a standard double occupancy hotel room in New York City for the nights of June 7, 8 and 9, 2013 (mini bar, phone, food, spa and all other incidental costs are no included). The approximate retail value of the prize package will be up to (but will not equal or exceed) $2,000 Travel to the Festival is not included in the prize. Winner must make his or her own travel arrangements. Travel companion must be 21 years of age or older as of the date of departure.
By submitting photos taken by winner at the Festival, winner represents and warrants that the photosare original photos taken by the winner at the Festival. Photos may not be obscene, vulgar or defamatory and may not depict any illegal activity. All Festival photos selected for use by Sponsor become the property of Sponsor and winner grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and or modify the photos in any way and to use the photos for any purpose in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation or notice to winner.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local, income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judges, networks and stations licensed to broadcast the Billboard Award and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor’s providing entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within seven (7) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the grand prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List, "Be A Billboard Festival Photo Correspondent," Joe Nolan, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
13. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Billboard, 770 Broadway New York, New York 10003.