Has America seen the last of "Gangnam Style"? Korean rapper PSY performed the song that spawned a billion YouTube views during "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" on Monday night in NYC -- an occasion he has called the song's U.S. "finale."
For the performance, PSY trotted out several memorable characters from the song's video, including crotch-thrusting biker short guy and yellow suit dancer, played by South Korean entertainers Roh Hong-cheol and Yoo Jae Suk, respectively.
In a reprise of their American Music Awards triumph, PSY, who turned 35 on the holiday, also welcomed '90s rap icon Hammer to the chilly Times Square stage.
In a chat with MTV News, PSY said that he'll spend 2013 focusing on crafting another U.S. hit, rather than just continuing on his current "Gangnam"-only media tour.
|HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!|
• PHOTOS: Stars on New Year's Eve
• VIDEO: Justin Bieber NYE Preview
• VIDEO: Taylor Swift Performs, Kisses Harry Styles in Times Sq.
• VIDEO: PSY Celebrates in 'Style'
• TWEETS: Stars Ring in 2013
• INTERVIEW: Ryan Seacrest Talks 'Rockin' Eve,' Dick Clark
• VIDEO: Flo Rida NYE Preview
• VIDEO: OneRepublic NYE Preview
• REVIEW: Jay-Z & Coldplay's Brooklyn NYE Show
• VIDEO: The Wanted NYE Preview
• VIDEO: Ellie Goulding Q&A
• VIDEO: Justin Bieber Rocks NYE
• PHOTOS: Inside Lake Tahoe's SnowGlobe 2012 Festival
• VIDEO: Greyson Chance Q&A
• BACKSTAGE: 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'
"I'm really working hard on a new single right now, and I'm not saying ['Gangnam'] is ending on 'Dick Clark' - I still have a lot of invitations to perform it ... I'll be in Paris, and in February I got invited to perform in China, and I've still got to do promo," he said. "So let me say that in America I need a new single because 'Gangnam Style' got too popular, so I've got to write a new single."
- PSY (@psy_oppa) January 1, 2013
ALL THINGS PSY