Latin Conference & Awards
Watch Nicky Jam & J Balvin's 'Superstar Mano A Mano' Panel From 2017 Billboard Latin Music Conference
Jenni Rivera's Family on New Telemundo Series, Univision Lawsuits and More at BB Latin Music Conference
Watch the 'Pop + Urban = The Perfect Marriage' Panel at the Billboard Latin Conference
More Exclusive Coverage on The Billboard Latin Music Awards on Telemundo
Lana Del Rey's 'West' Coasts Onto Hot 100 At No. 17
Her new song storms the chart, thanks to high sales and streaming following her well-received Coachella set
Lana Del Rey's new single "West Coast" blasts onto the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 17. (Check out the chart, which blends songs' sales data, via Nielsen SoundScan, and airplay and streaming figures, according to Nielsen BDS, in full on Billboard.com tomorrow, April 24.)
The first single from her upcoming album, "Ultraviolence," due later this year, begins powered by her best-ever debut sales frame: 118,000 downloads sold (in the week ending April 20). It surges onto Digital Songs at No. 6.
While "Coast" has yet to debut on any airplay chart (and is not yet being actively promoted to radio by Del Rey's label, Interscope Records), it's off to a strong start with streaming services. It garnered 2.7 million streams for the week, spurring a No. 16 debut on the Streaming Songs tally.
The track enters the Hot 100 with 68 percent of its chart points from sales and the remaining 32 percent from streaming.
"Coast" was made available for purchase on April 14 after Del Rey had premiered the song live the night before for adoring fans at the Coachella festival.
Del Rey instantly scores her second-highest Hot 100 rank. After "Video Games" dented the chart for a week at No. 91 in January 2012 and "Young and Beautiful" rose to No. 22 last June, "Summertime Sadness" soared to No. 6 in September after it was remixed by Cedric Gervais.